Everything you need for a perfect profile
Step 1: Download the LOVOO app!
More than 40% of all relationships now start online. You can see that it works from our regular user stories on the social media channels or from such great annual reviews like this one.
There are just a few more minutes separating you and your future dates and flirting partners. You need the app on your smartphone before you can start flirting online. This is how you get it:
- Go to your app store (AppStore or GooglePlay Store).
- Search for LOVOO.
- Download the LOVOO app onto your smartphone.
You can create your flirting profile straight away once you have downloaded the app. Get cosy with a cup of tea or coffee and take some time over it.
Are we compatible?
As a modern tech company, we have developed our app for modern devices. There are some minimum requirements that your smartphone needs to meet.
Android devices require the operating system 6.0 Marshmallow as a minimum.
Please note that Amazon Fire Phones, rooted devices, and custom ROMs are not supported.
All iOS devices require the operating system iOS 11 as a minimum.
iPhones are suitable for the app from iPhone 5.
LOVOO is currently not available for Windows devices.
Experiencing issues with installation?
If you experience issues with installation, please first try to update your operating system.
Your device or operating system is not compatible with LOVOO? There is an alternative!
Simply flirt with LOVOO using the web version and register via www.lovoo.com.
Step 2: Register!
What use is the best app on your smartphone if it just lies there dormant? Registration only takes a few minutes and then you’ll be right in the midst of our community.
- Open the LOVOO app and click on the “Register” button.
- Then you have to choose between registering with your email address and your Facebook account. All Android users can register with a Google Account and the Apple users among you can register with your Apple ID.
- In the next step, enter your chosen username, birthday and gender, and upload a photo of you where you can be easily recognized.
- Click on “Register” to complete the process.
🎉 D O N E 🎉
Would you like to use LOVOO via the website?
- Go to www.lovoo.com. On the right side you will see a registration window.
- Here you also have the option of choosing between registering with your Facebook account or your email address.
Web registration with email
Would you like to register with your email address?
Enter your preferred username, city, date of birth and gender, and click on “Register now.”.
Then you will be asked for your email address and your recently created password – and you’re done.
Web registration with Facebook
If you connect your Facebook account to LOVOO, the registration process is a lot quicker. Simply register with your Facebook details and you’re done.
Step 3: Confirm your email address!
Once you have successfully created your profile, your registration is just one click away. You will automatically receive a confirmation request from us at the email address you provided for your LOVOO account.
Once you have your email address (by simply clicking on the link in the email), you have fully registered on LOVOO.
If you confirm your email address, we will give you 25 credits.
You haven’t received an email from us?
- Make sure to check your spam folder for the confirmation email.
- Under “Settings” > “My Account” > “Change email address” you can request a new confirmation email.
Something wrong with your smartphone? If you are having issues with confirming using your smartphone, try it again using on the web browser with your laptop or computer.
Step 4: Upload photos!
Although appearance is not everything, the first impression is what counts. Your profile picture plays a key role in this. After all, it's the first thing others see about you – be it on the radar, in Match or on Live.
It is important that you choose a photo in which you are easily recognizable. If we reject your picture, you can find advice in our Guidelines. It describes exactly what you should bear in mind when choosing your profile picture.
You can find out everything you need to know about good and not so good profile pictures on our blog.
Nothing can go wrong if you follow these tips for the perfect profile picture:
Profile picture in the bag?
How to upload your profile picture:
- Click on your profile at the top right.
- Click on your profile picture and then on the 3 dots at the top right.
- Then click on “Upload new picture.”
- Choose a picture from your gallery and upload it.
- Click on your profile at the top left.
- Then click on your profile picture and then on the camera symbol at the top right.
- Choose a picture from your gallery and upload it.
Uploading several pictures:
- Open your profile, go to your profile picture and then select “Photos.”
- If you click on the camera symbol, you can upload new pictures directly.
What’s more: You need at least three pictures to have a complete profile. (Three pictures in the gallery mean 29% more chances of matches.) The more you reveal about yourself and your personality, the better chances you will have.
Step 5: Get verified!
Are you genuine? Who likes fakes anyway? We make sure that profiles are real to create a nice atmosphere in the app. This is why verified profiles are so important to us.
Once you have confirmed your identity, you can make full use of all basic features. You can identify verified users by the blue “Verified” badge.
- Email address must be confirmed.
- Your gallery must include at least one profile picture in which your face is easily recognizable.
How to verify your profile:
- Open your profile (at the top right in the app).
- Click on “Verify Profile” under your profile picture (app) on the right-hand side of your profile picture.
- Then follow the instructions.
- Bear the following in mind: Your face and the piece of paper with your username and the displayed code must be clearly recognizable in the image.
We will compare the photo with your profile pictures as soon as we have received it. Then the process will be complete and your profile will get the “Verified” seal.
By the way, verified profiles are rewarded with 100 credits.
Step 6: Add profile details!
A full profile also includes some information about you, in addition to great profile pictures.
If you spend a few minutes on your profile and put some effort into it, you will double your chances.
How so? The answer is simple: Firstly, others can get a much better understanding of you. Secondly, you have the opportunity to attract interest. Thirdly, you make it so much easier for others to contact you.
To describe your personality, make sure to use our profile questions in addition to the profile text. This gives you the chance to reveal more about yourself and use some humour.
How to edit your profile details in the app:
- Open your profile and select “Details.”
- Edit your profile details or the “About Me” text.
You can edit other details, such as your profile names or your date of birth in the app settings under “My Account.”
How to edit your profile details on the website:
- Click on “My Profile.”
- You will find a small pencil symbol next to your username and age. Click on it.
- Update your profile and don’t forget to save each bit of information individually.
You can edit other details such as your profile name or your email address under “Settings.” Select the tab “My Account” and click on the pencil symbol next to “Profile Details” to make changes.
Step 7: Adjust your search settings!
Who finds you in Match or in the surrounding area depends on your filter settings as well as on regional restrictions and the number of available users. You can adjust the search settings in the radar and in Match at the top right.
Step 8: Start your first chat!
On LOVOO you can meet people in a variety of ways. Whether in Match, over the radar or Live, the opportunities are endless. But what if you come across a really interesting person? It’s simple!
Go to the person’s profile and click on the blue letter symbol. This way, you use an icebreaker and don’t need to wait for a match.
So you’re only ever one click away from sparking up a conversation with someone.
If you liked someone in Match and the other person did the same, you can start a chat or meet up in a video date.
In the “Features” tab, you can find out even more about our exciting extras such as icebreakers and we offer you ideas for icebreakers in this blog article.