How do I unsubscribe from the newsletter?
Do you no longer want to be kept up to date and informed about special offers through the LOVOO newsletter?
If so, you can easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. To do this, open a LOVOO newsletter, scroll to the bottom of the email and click on the "unsubscribe" link. That's it!
What is Ghost mode?
At LOVOO, Premium members can use Ghost mode. If you activate it, you will be shown to other members with the status "Offline". You will also remain anonymous when you browse other profiles in Ghost mode. This means that you will no longer be displayed in the list of visitors when visiting other profiles.
You can still receive likes, matches, icebreakers, messages, or views from other members, as you will still be shown in Match and the Nearby list.
You can enable or disable Ghost mode by opening your profile (person icon in the top left corner) and then tapping on "LOVOO Premium" below your profile picture. At the very bottom of this list of Premium benefits, you will find the option "Activate Ghost mode". Enable or disable this option to use LOVOO in Ghost mode or to disable it.
How do I change my privacy settings?
You can manage your own privacy options. To do so, open your profile (person icon in top left corner) and then the settings (gear icon in top right corner) You will be able to configure the following settings under "Privacy":
Enable location tracking on your smartphone to allow you to find people who are nearby.
Allow video calls
Specify if you want to receive video calls.
Premium members can use Ghost mode to remain anonymous. In Ghost mode, you will be shown as "Offline" to other members. Furthermore, you will not appear in the list of visitors when you visit someone else's profile.
However, you will still be displayed in Match and in the Near you list so that you can continue to receive likes and views.
You may revoke your consent to use information about your sexual orientation at any time. Please note that using LOVOO is only possible if you provide this information.
How can I customize personalized advertising?
Do you want to only see ads that are right for you?
In our app, our advertising partners, including AppLovin and its advertising partners, will show you personalized ads
Your privacy is important to us. Data such as your email address, profile name or profile picture will never be shared. By using our app, you also confirm that you are over 18 years old and consent to receive personalized advertising.
You can object to this at any time via your device and app settings. Please note: You will still see the same amount of ads, but they will be less relevant for you.
Objection to the use of data for advertising purposes
If you want to object to the use of this data for advertising purposes, you can disable personalized advertising in the app settings as well as directly in your device settings.
In the LOVOO app, go to the settings and disable personalized ads under:
Privacy settings → Advertising → Settings for advertising.
On Apple devices, you can disable this feature using the slider in the iOS settings under:
Privacy & security → Tracking → Allow apps to request tracking.
Devices with Android systems can be configured as follows:
Google settings (or Settings → Google) → Ads or advertising → Disable interest-based ads.
You can delete your ad ID or the advertising ID at any time in the device settings ("Reset ad ID"). A new identification number is then created that cannot be linked with the data from the previous ID.
How do I find a profile ID?
Sometimes, it may be necessary to determine the ID of your own or another person's profile. At the moment, a profile ID can only be found using the LOVOO website and not via the app.
How do I find my own profile ID?
- Go to www.lovoo.com and log into your own profile.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Settings".
- Look under "Profile details" – you will see "Your user ID" at the very bottom.
The user ID looks something like this: "55et343ddro2ce5d0298b2a54". You can also copy it if you wish.
How do I find the ID of someone else's profile?
- Open the profile in a new tab on www.lovoo.com.
- Either press and hold "Ctrl" (Windows) or "Cmd" (Mac) and click on the profile with the mouse pointer, or right-click on the profile and select "Open in new tab" from the drop-down menu.
You will see the profile ID of the profile you have opened in the address bar of the new browser tab.
Please note: Check that it is really the profile and not just a photo that was opened in the new tab.
The correct link looks like this:
This link, on the other hand, would be incorrect: " https://img.lovoo.com/users/pictures/5bcc0945c81169190f7a11ad/image.jpg"
How can I recover a profile I have lost?
You no longer have access to your own profile, but are sure that it still exists? No problem! We'll help you find your profile. For this, we recommend that you search for the profile via the LOVOO website.
Here's how it works:
- First, create a completely new profile. It is important that the location of this new profile is identical to that of the lost profile.
- When entering the date of birth, be sure to select an age that falls within the matching age range of the lost profile you are searching for. For example, if the profile was set to search for women aged 20 to 40, you will need to enter an age between 20 and 40.
- If the lost profile is male, you will need to create a female profile that is looking for men (or a male profile if you are searching for a female profile).
- Set the age in the search settings (filter tool on the right) so that the lost profile falls within the age range you are looking for. If an age of 20 was specified in the lost profile, you will need to specify an age range of 19 to 21.
- Now search for the lost profile under "Play/Discover". Please note: In the app, you can launch the search in Match or in the Nearby list.
If you would also like to find the profile ID, click here for instructions. If you are only using the app and not the website, you can use the "Block" function. You will find the instructions for this here. The customer care team can then find the profile you are looking for in your list of blocked users.
How can we help?