Download the app
Want to download the LOVOO app?
1) Open the respective app store (App Store / GooglePlay Store).
2) Enter "LOVOO" in the search field.
3) Download the LOVOO app.
You can now get started straight away and create a profile.
Note: Your smartphone must meet some minimum requirements for you to use LOVOO as an app.
ForAndroid devices, operating system 4.2 is required as a minimum.
Please note that Amazon Fire Phones, routed devices and custom ROMs are not supported.
For all iOS devices, operating system iOS 9.0 is required as a minimum. In addition, iPhone users must use an iPhone 5 as a minimum.
The LOVOO app is currently not available for Windows phones.
Should issues arise during installation, please try to update your operating system.
Should you not be able to download the latest operating system or not have the required smartphone, you can alternatively use LOVOO on our website www.lovoo.com.
All that is left to do is to register, and then you can get going.
Want to use LOVOO as an app for iOS or Android?
1) Open the LOVOO app and select the "Register" button.
2) Then you can decide whether you want to register with a valid email address or with your Facebook account. All Android users can also register with a Google+ account.
3) In the next step, specify your desired username, birthday and gender and upload a photo of yourself in which you are easily recognisable.
4) Then click on "Register".
Want to use LOVOO via the website?
1) Go to www.lovoo.com. A registration window will appear on the start page.
2) Specify your desired username, city, date of birth and gender here and then click on "Register now".
3) You can now register with a valid email address or with your Facebook account.
Do you want to register with your email address? Enter it and create a password. Then click on "Register for free".
Do you want to register with your Facebook account? Then click on "Register with Facebook now" and confirm receipt.
Verification of the email address
Once you have successfully created your profile, complete the registration process by verifying your email adress.
We will automatically send a verification email to the email specified by you. Please click on the included link to complete the process.
If you have not received an email, you can do the following:
1) First, check the spam folder of your inbox for the verification email.
2) You can request another verification email in "Settings", "My account", "Edit email address".
Should issues arise when verifying with your smartphone, open the link in the browser on your PC or Mac.
Don't believe in love at first sight? It is the first thing that other users see of you, whether in the live radar or in the Match game.
So select a photo in which your face is easily recognizable. If your image is rejected by us, please refer to our guidelines. They describe in detail what you must bear in mind when selecting a profile picture.
How to upload a profile pricture:
Once you have done that, we recommend uploading a few photos. You can select any kind of photos that represent your personality and interests for this:
Not into fake profiles? Neither are we... The authenticity of profiles is very important to us and other users. Verify your identity with our "Verified" seal so that you have full use of all the basic functions and score as many of your potential dream partners as possible.
Conditions for verification:
- Verification of the email address
- At least one profile picture in your gallery in which your face is easily recognisable
How to verify your profile:
1) Switch to the "Your profile" view.
2) Click on "Verify profile" below your profile picture (app) or to the right of your profile picture (website.
3) Follow the instructions.
4) Please note: Your face and the paper with your username and the displayed code must be easily recognisable in the picture.
We will match it with your profile pictures as soon as we have received the photo from you. Once this has been done, the process is complete and your profile will receive the "Verified" seal.
In addition to a profile picture, some information about you is one of the key elements of a complete profile. Why? The more you tell other users about yourself, the easier it is for them to get to know you better.
How to edit your profile details in the app:
1) Switch to the "Your profile" view and then select "Details".
2) Then make the desired changes to your profile details or the "About me" information.
To change other details such as your profile name or date of birth, go to the app settings and select "My account".
How to edit your profile details on the website:
1) Switch to the "Your profile" view.
2) Click on the pencil icon by your username and age.
3) Don't forget to save the respective change separately once you have made the desired adaptations.
To change other details such as your profile name or date of birth, go to "Settings". Then select the "My account" tab and click on the pencil icon by "Profile details" to make the changes.
You can manage your photos in your profile. You can upload as many as you like via the camera icon.
To delete a photo, select it within your profile and tap on the "More" button.
Please observe our guidelines for photos:
- The following is not permitted: weapons, violence, illegal symbols, drugs, advertising, nudity, genitalia, pornographic content.
You can manage your profile pictures in your profile by tapping on your current profile picture (iOS) or on the the camera symbol (Android).
Simply tap on the camera symbol to add new pictures.
To remove a profile picture, simply upload a new one. The old one will be automatically replaced.
Please observe our guidelines for profile pictures:
- Your face must be easily recognizable.
- The following is not permitted: children, weapons, violence, illegal symbols, drugs, advertising, nudity, genitalia, pornographic content.
About me & description
You can specify everything that interests you and what you would like to share with other users in your profile under "Details". The more detail you go into when describing yourself, the more others will be keen to get to know you.
In your profile, you can change your search settings (gender, age) for the Match game and the profiles in your environment under "Details".
You can also change you search settings in your profile settings.
It is not possible to search for users by username.
Email address & password
You can edit your email address registered at LOVOO as well as your login password in the settings under "My account".
Connect to Facebook & Google+
You can connect your LOVOO profile to your Facebook or Google+ account so that you can log in as quickly and easily as possible.
Pointer: Your Facebook friends cannot see your LOVOO membership and we will not post anything on your timeline without your permission.
In order to cancel the connection to your Facebook account, simply log into your Facebook profile and go to "Settings", "App".
You can delete your LOVOO account in the settings under "My account".
If you have not assigned a password to your LOVOO account, it can be deleted by clicking on the link that is automatically sent to your registered email address.
If that doesn't work out and you don't receive an email, you can create a new password in the settings under "Change password". Then switch to the section "Delete account" and enter the password you just created. Confirm deletion by clicking on the corresponding button.
Temporary deactivation of your account is not possible.
- All credits you have purchased with expire without compensation and can neither be transferred to another profile, nor reimbursed.
- By deleting a profile, an existing subscription is not automatically ended. You will need to terminate it yourself with your selected payment provider.
Location, VIP functions & blocking
You can configure the following settings under "Community settings / privacy":
- Location detection:
Ensure that you are visible to other users at your location.
Activate this function so that you are visible to other users on the radar and you can see other users.
- Blocked users
Here you can see which users you have blocked and, where appropriate, unblock them.
We would very much like that you only see advertising that best suits you.
As we value your privacy, we never forward your e-mail address, user name or profile picture to third parties. By using our app, you confirm that you are over the age of 16 and agree to the display of personalised advertising. You can object to this at any time by adjusting your device and app settings. In this case, you would still see the same amount of advertisements, but they might be less relevant to you.
If you wish to contradict the use of this information for promotional purposes, you can opt out of personalised advertising in the app settings under Privacy and in your device settings. On an Apple device, this is done in the iOS settings under "Privacy" - "Advertising" by activating the option "Limit Ad Tracking" or on an Android end device under "Google Settings" (or " Settings" followed by "Google"), then click on "Ads "and click on the button "Disable related ads". You can delete the IDFA or the Advertising ID at any time in the device settings ("Reset Ad-ID"). Then a new identification number will be created, which will not be merged with the previously collected data.
To make sure that you don't miss any notifications or matches, we will send you LOVOO notifications directly to your smartphone screen.
Want to activate or pause notifications? No problem! You can activate or deactivate "Notifications" in the settings.